What is an elite controller and what that mean for me ?
Bueno, no hay ninguna prueba conocida, pero llevo más de un año sin TAR y mis recuentos de CD4, etc., se han mantenido iguales durante todo este tiempo, y si los próximos resultados se mantienen estables, entonces seré clasificado de esa manera.
Well he there’s no known test but I’ve been off ART for over a year and my cd-4 counts etc. have remained the same after over the course of the time and if these next results remain stable then I’ll be classified in that way
¿Cómo lo supo tu médico? ¿Hay alguna prueba para determinarlo?
Cuando dejé de tomar mi medicamento para ver qué pasaba, el VIH reapareció y tuve que tomar otro porque me volví inmune al que estaba tomando.
How did your doctor know? Is there a test to determine it?
Once I stopped taking my medicine to see what would happen, my HIV returned and I had to take a different medication because I became immune to the was I was taking.
Bueno, según mi médico, pertenezco a ese raro 1 por ciento. Llevo más de un año sin tomar medicamentos antirretrovirales y me he mantenido tan sano como siempre.
Well , per my doctor I fall into that rare 1 percent I've been off ART drugs for over a year and I've remained as health as always
Un "controlador de élite" es una persona con VIH cuyo sistema inmunitario es capaz de suprimir el virus de forma natural hasta niveles indetectables o muy bajos, sin la ayuda de medicamentos antirretrovirales (ARV). Se estima que menos del 1 % de las personas con VIH pertenecen a esta categoría. Bastante extraordinario Mostrar respuesta completa
An "elite controller" is a rare person living with HIV whose immune system is able to naturally suppress the virus to undetectable or very low levels — without the help of antiretroviral (ARV) medications. It's estimated that less than 1% of people with HIV fall into this category. Pretty remarkable, right?
Here's what Show Full Answer